One of your employees has contracted the Covid-19 virus, WHATs NEXT?
KEY: Do not reveal the individual’s identity in any communications.
KEY!!: Do not reveal the individual’s identity in any communications.
- A senior Human Resources representative will immediately remove the infected individual from the building. Ask for, but don’t require, a doctor’s note.
- Report the situation to the Chief Executive Officer and building property managers.
- CEO to inform leadership team executive committee or board of directors, as appropriate.
- Ask the person who contracted the virus to identify who he came in contact with in the building within the last 10 days.
- Require all individuals who work on the same floor to work remotely for 14 days.
- Encourage exposed individuals to be tested soon, and to perform strict social distancing accordingly.
- Close the office to all employees and agents for 24 -48 hours to allow for proper cleaning of the office space.
- Deep clean and sterilize the building.
- Discreetly contact individuals identified by the person infected not located on his/her floor and require them to work remotely for 14 days. Do not disclose the person’s identity. Encourage exposed individual to be tested.
- A senior Human Resources representative /Internal Communication Chief to send a prepared and pre-approved email message to staff and agents informing them that an individual in the building has a confirmed case of COVID-19 and describing the steps the company is taking in response (i.e., require exposed individuals to work remotely for 14 days, evacuate floor/building, deep clean).
- All other staff and agents in the building should be advised to practice social distancing and be allowed, but not required, to work remotely for 14 days following the announcement.
- Building & Facilities Representative / Chief Financial Officer to contact building property managers and insurance company to engage company to perform deep cleaning of affected spaces.
- Internal Communication Team to send message to the relevant stakeholders and members & clients regarding company’s response to the situation.